For those interested in coaching in the Newberg Youth Football program for the 2021 season, please have all Newberg Youth Football coaching applications turned in by August 1. Link below:
All Newberg Youth Football coaches must complete the items listed below:
- Completed forms can be turned in/emailed to Julie Petersen at firstname.lastname@example.org or Jon Tromblay (CPRD Sports Coordinator) at email@example.com. Background checks run by CPRD are typically good for two years, please contact Julie to verify past background checks are up-to-date.
Coaches can access certification by taking the following steps:
- Go to USA Football Certification, link here: https://footballdevelopment.com/courses-certifications.
- Click on "Get Certified"
- Type in promo code: NEWBERGYF21
- Finalize purchase
- Launch certification
- The Youth Coach Certification is currently a 4-hour course and will cover the following tops: Health and Safety, Coaching 101, Anti-Abuse, Football Development Model, Youth Contact (for contact coaches only).
- Email certificate to NYF Registrar Nicole Mauter @ firstname.lastname@example.org. This certification needs to be completed yearly.
- Register as a TVYFL (link above) coach on website. Nothing needs to be turned in other than registering as coach on this site.
First Aid & CPR:
Two coaches from each team need to be First Aid and CPR Certified. This certification is typically good for 2 years. Already First Aid and/or CPR certified? Provide a copy of current certification(s) to Nicole Mauter, NYF Registar. Not certified and are interested in getting certified? Several different websites offer a 2-year certification:
Please pay for the training and provide a receipt for reimbursement. Or contact Julie Petersen at email@example.com to sign up for CPRD-sponsored CPR/First-Aid classes, typically held the third Saturday of each month at the Aquatic Center.
Please download the TVYFL App from the app store! Sign up to receive TVYFL season info through the app and register as a coach.