For those interested in coaching in the Newberg Youth Football program for the 2020 season, please have all Newberg Youth Football coaching applications turned in by August 1. Link below:
TVYFL coaching clinics for all first/second year head coaches and Rookie Tackle coaches will take place on the following dates:
All Newberg Youth Football coaches must complete the items listed below:
- Completed forms can be turned in/emailed to Julie Petersen at email@example.com or Jon Tromblay (CPRD Sports Coordinator) at firstname.lastname@example.org. Background checks run by CPRD are typically good for two years, please contact Julie to verify past background checks are up-to-date.
- Turn in USA Football Coach Certification Certificate (click link above) into NYF Registrar Nicole Mauter @ email@example.com. This certification needs to be completed yearly. Abuse Training course has been added to this online certification course so no need to take separate test.
- Cost for this certification is $15. Please send receipt for this course to Julie Petersen at firstname.lastname@example.org for reimbursement.
- Register as a TVYFL (link above) coach on website. Nothing needs to be turned in other than registering as coach on this site.
- Cost for Abuse Training is $10. Please register, pay and send receipt for course to Julie Petersen at email@example.com for reimbursement. Please forward certificate to Nicole Mauter, NYF Registrar, for placement in team books.
FIRST AID & CPR:
Two coaches from each team need to be First Aid and CPR Certified. This certification is typically good for 2 years. Already First Aid and/or CPR certified? Provide a copy of current certification(s) to Nicole Mauter, NYF Registar. Not certified and are interested in getting certified? Several different websites offer a 2-year certification:
Please pay for the training and provide a receipt for reimbursement. Or contact Julie Petersen at firstname.lastname@example.org to sign up for CPRD-sponsored CPR/First-Aid classes, typically held the third Saturday of each month at the Aquatic Center.
- This free course goes hand in hand with youth tackle certification and is required to coach a Rookie Tackle 3/4 team for the Newberg Youth Football program. The course is 45 minutes long, please turn completion certificate into Nicole Mauter, NYF Registrar.
Please download the TVYFL App from the app store! Sign up to receive TVYFL season info through the app and register as a coach.